Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Cute Baby Jacket From South America


My cousin is pregnant, so I'm seeing cute little clothes everywhere I go. 
But when I saw this one I couldn't resist. It is made from Alpaca wool and is very soft. It should not need to be washed - one can hang it for ventilation - but if it has to be washed it needs gentle treatment (as wool always does).
It is knitted using the stranding method - as you can see in the third picture. This means that two colors are in your hands all across the row, one being used and the other one stranded/floated/carried along at the back of the work. 
I couldn't figure out how the pockets were made - but I'm still trying to.
The motif would be even prettier if there would be more space to display it - but it is made for a baby up to the age of 6 months. I'm really excited to see it in action ;)

Have a nice day!

Ps.: Here is a link which shows how to do stranding in crochet: 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment